Cheap Nevada Renters Insurance
Enter your zip code below to start your quote
You can pick up from where you left by retrieving your quote below.Search by Quote ID → Search by Date of Birth
Cheap Renters Insurance in Nevada
When it comes to renters insurance, Mercury realizes every dollar counts. That’s why we offer some of the most affordable rates in Nevada without sacrificing quality coverage. Whether you’re renting a two-bedroom apartment in Reno or a condo in Carson City, you can rest easy knowing we’ll help cover your belongings, personal liability, and medical payments to others in case of an accident. Learn more about our renters insurance and get a policy that’s right for you.
What is Renters Insurance?
Renters insurance helps protect you and your belongings when the unexpected happens. Landlord insurance covers the building, but you’re responsible for personal liability, your belongings, and medical payments to others. If you rent an apartment, condo, townhouse, or any other property in the Silver State, it’s a good idea to have renters insurance. Get a free quote today and we’ll tell you how easy and affordable it is to safeguard you and your valuables.
Your Renters Coverage
Items and Expenses Covered by Renters Insurance
Renters insurance covers these common items and expenses:
- Furniture and clothing
- Electronics (TVs, computers, tablets, etc.)
- Musical instruments and sporting equipment
- Medical expenses and legal fees if a visitor injures themselves on your property
- Accidental damage to someone else’s property
- Additional expenses if your property is inhabitable due to a covered loss
Incidents Covered by Renters Insurance
A renters insurance policy from Mercury provides low-cost coverage for incidents such as:
- Smoke damage
- Weight of ice, sleet, or snow
- Falling objects
- Visitor injuries
- Sudden or accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam
What Renters Insurance Doesn’t Cover
There are some events and items that renter insurance doesn’t cover. You’ll need to purchase separate coverage for these types of incidents:
- Damage caused by pests, rodents, and other forms of vermin.
- Cyber-related losses, such as computer attacks, home systems attacks, cyber extortion, and online fraud.
Why Is My Landlord Asking for Me to Get Renters Insurance?
While the law doesn’t mandate renters insurance, many landlords require proof of insurance before you move into your new place. Here are some of the reasons why you may need you to get coverage:
- It reduces their liability — If someone gets injured at your home, they’ll look to your insurance company for compensation. Your landlord won’t have to pay for court costs associated with bodily injury claims.
- It prevents you from collecting damages from them — Landlords are responsible for structural damage to the building. Renters insurance helps cover your belongings and additional living expenses after a disaster, so you don’t have to turn to your landlord for compensation.
- It allows them to recover damages — If you accidentally cause a fire or water damage in your unit, your landlord’s insurance will pay damages to the property. However, this is only after your landlord pays the deductible. If you have renter insurance, your landlord can get that deductible from your insurer.
Choose Mercury for Cheap Renters Insurance in Nevada
No matter where you live in Nevada, a renters insurance policy from Mercury can help safeguard you and your personal property after an unexpected event. We believe everyone deserves reliable protection at an affordable price. you can get peace of mind for less than a cup of coffee a day when you choose Mercury for your renters insurance.