Renters Insurance in New York State
Whether you’re renting a cozy apartment in the Big Apple or leasing a two-bedroom townhouse in Albany, it’s important to protect your home with quality renters insurance. Unexpected events, such as burglaries and residential fires, can happen at any time. Renters insurance protects your belongings when these unfortunate incidents occur. It also helps cover medical costs and legal expenses if someone gets hurt on your rented property.
Mercury Insurance is one of the best renters insurance providers in New York. We offer affordable renters insurance without compromising quality. You can rest easy knowing we’ll safeguard your belongings and handle your property claims with care. Mercury also provides local independent agents in every major area of New York, allowing you to get a renter insurance policy tailored to your needs.
Get Cheap Renters Insurance That’s Right for You
Mercury's local independent agents know that your needs can change depending on where you live and whether you’re renting an apartment, house, or condo in New York. We’re here to help give you peace of mind and build a renters insurance policy tailored to your specific needs.
Review some of the coverages we offer and get started on creating an insurance plan that’s perfect for youLearn more about renters coverage
- Personal Property:
- Provides coverage for your household items in the event of a fire, theft or other covered loss.
- Additional Personal Property:
- Provides additional coverage for antiques, fine art, jewelry and other valuables.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- Pays for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of a covered incident.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- Pays medical expenses for your guests who are accidentally injured on your property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Pays medical expenses for your personal part-time employees, such as nannies or maids, who are injured on the job.
Save More on Renters Insurance with Discounts
How much is renters insurance in New York? According to the New York State Department of Financial Services, the average renters policy costs about $300 a year.
We know every dollar counts when it comes to renters insurance. That’s why Mercury provides a variety of discounts to help you save even more on your policy. Take a look at some of the discounts we offer:
- Gated community
- Selecting a higher deductible
- Smoke alarms
- Alarm system
- Security monitoring
- Loss free discount
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Renters)