Renters Insurance in New York State
Whether you’re renting a cozy apartment in the Big Apple or leasing a two-bedroom townhouse in Albany, it’s important to protect your home with quality renters insurance. Unexpected events, such as burglaries and residential fires, can happen at any time. Renters insurance protects your belongings when these unfortunate incidents occur. It also helps cover medical costs and legal expenses if someone gets hurt on your rented property.
Mercury Insurance is one of the best renters insurance providers in New York. We offer affordable renters insurance without compromising quality. You can rest easy knowing we’ll safeguard your belongings and handle your property claims with care. Mercury also provides local independent agents in every major area of New York, allowing you to get a renter insurance policy tailored to your needs.
Get a Renters Policy That’s Right for You
Whether you’re renting an apartment, house, or condo in the Empire State, you can rest assured that Mercury has you covered. We have local independent agents from NYC to Buffalo to help you get the right renters insurance policy at an affordable rate.
Take a look at the coverages we offer to help you get the peace of mind you deserve.
- Personal Property:
- This coverage helps pay for the replacement or repair of personal belongings that are lost or damaged due to covered losses, such as theft, fire, or water damage.
- Additional Personal Property:
- If you have fine art, jewelry, antiques, or other valuables, this coverage provides extra coverage for those items.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- This coverage helps pay your expenses if you’re found legally responsible for another party’s injuries or property damage.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- This coverage can help pay medical expenses for a guest who accidently suffered an injury on or around your rented property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Helps cover medical expenses for personal part-time employees — e.g., nannies or maids, who are injured while working.
Save More on Renters Insurance with Discounts
We know every dollar counts when it comes to renters insurance. That’s why Mercury provides a variety of discounts to help you save even more on your policy. Take a look at some of the discounts we offer:
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Renters)
- Gated community
- Selecting a higher deductible
- Smoke alarms
- Security monitoring
- Loss free discount
Frequently Asked Questions About New York Renters Insurance
How Much is Renter’s Insurance in New York?
According to Value Penguin, the average cost of renters insurance in New York is $10 per month, or $125 per year.
What is New York’s Renters Insurance Law?
New York doesn’t have a law requiring you to get renters insurance while living in a leased property.
What services does Mercury provide?
Can a Landlord Require Renters Insurance in New York?
Yes. A landlord can ask you to provide proof of renters insurance as part of their leasing agreement.
Do You Need Renters Insurance in NYC?
Whether or not your landlord requires renters insurance, purchasing a policy can give you peace of mind knowing that you and your personal property are protected from covered losses, such as an apartment fire, subway theft, or burglary.
How do I get renters insurance in NY?
You can easily start your free quote on the Mercury website. Just Enter your zip code and follow the instructions on the page. You can also call us at (855) 993-1301.