Renters Insurance in Georgia
The Peach State is brimming with great places to live, from the bustling city vibes of Atlanta to the charming Southern ambiance of Savannah. But if you’re leasing a property, you don’t want to ignore renters insurance. Unexpected events, such as thefts and residential fires, can happen at any time. Renters insurance safeguards your belongings when these unfortunate incidents occur. It also helps cover medical expenses and legal costs if someone gets injured at your rented property.
Mercury Insurance is one of the best renters insurance providers in Georgia. We offer affordable renters insurance without compromising quality. You can rest assured that we’ll protect your belongings and handle your property claims with care. Mercury also provides local independent agents in every major area of Georgia, allowing you to get a renters insurance policy that meets your specific needs.
Get a Renters Policy That’s Right for You
Renters insurance is a great way to protect yourself and your belongings from unexpected losses. Whether you’re renting an apartment, townhouse, or house, having the right renters insurance policy can provide you with coverage for losses due to fire, theft, or other covered perils. In addition, you may also be able to get coverage for liability and medical payments for guests injured on your property.
Take a moment to review our coverage options, then speak with one of our local independent agents to build a custom policy tailored to your needs.
- Personal Property:
- Provides coverage for your household items in the event of a fire, theft or other covered loss.
- Additional Personal Property:
- Provides additional coverage for antiques, fine art, jewelry and other valuables.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- Pays for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of a covered incident.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- Pays medical expenses for your guests who are accidentally injured on your property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Pays medical expenses for your personal part-time employees, such as nannies or maids, who are injured on the job.
- Green Home
- Offer up to 10% extra coverage for environmentally-friendly alternatives or construction methods following a covered loss.
- Matching of Undamaged Siding and Roofing
- In the event of a covered loss where your siding or roofing cannot be matched due to unavailability, this coverage can help cover the cost of replacing your roof or redoing your siding.
- Refrigerated Products
- If your refrigerator loses power or malfunctions, resulting in spoiled food, our coverage provides up to $1,000 for food items.
Save More on Renters Insurance with Discounts for Georgia Residents
We know how important it is to get the best insurance rate possible. That’s why Mercury provides several discounts to help you save even more on your policy. Here are some of the discounts we offer below:
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Renters)
- Gated community
- Selecting a higher deductible
- Smoke alarms
- Security monitoring
- Loss free discount
- Green Home
- Updated Home
- Good Payer
- Paid In Full
- Digital (paperless and billing documentation)
Frequently Asked Question About Georgia Renters Insurance
What services does Mercury Provide?
Is Renters Insurance Required in Georgia?
Renters insurance is not required by law in Georgia, but your landlord can ask you to provide proof of insurance before moving into their property.
Where Does Mercury Offer Renters Insurance?
Mercury offers renters insurance in Georgia, California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, and Virginia.
How Much Is Renters Insurance in Georgia?
According to Value Penguin, the average cost of renters insurance in Georgia is $27 per month, or $323 per year.
How Can I Lower My Renters Premium?
To decrease the cost of your renters' insurance, you can consider a few options.
- Opt for a higher deductible
- Bundle your renters' and auto insurance policies.
- Explore the various discounts offered by Mercury Insurance.
- Relocate to a safer neighborhood
- Move into newly or recently built property