Careers in Underwriting
From analyzing risk to working with our agents and customers, our Underwriting team constantly seeks ways to help people purchase and find value from our products.
Supports the evaluation of new and existing business.
Evaluates and analyzes accuracy, pricing and acceptability of new and existing policies.
Evaluates performance of policy portfolios and ensures that portfolios of risk are effectively underwritten.
Acts as liaison between Underwriting and other business units to implement technology driven business solutions.
Researches and monitors industry practices and technology trends to identify, test and implement solutions to advance Underwriting.
Works with Underwriting team to provide data, reporting and analysis to make informed business decisions.
Leads operations within an Underwriting team.
I have been with Mercury for almost 20 years and would absolutely recommend this company to anyone I know. I started out as an Underwriting Trainee and have been provided with all the tools needed to ensure my success — with great coaching all along the way. My manager genuinely cares about my over-all well-being and there’s definitely a close-knit community mentality within the entire organization.
We offer a variety of benefits to help our Team Members reach their health, retirement and professional goals!
Health and Financial
- Medical, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance
- Health Saving Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Bonus program
- Flexible work-life balance
- Vacation & sick days
- 8 Paid holidays & 1 floating holiday
- Bereavement Days
- Military Leave
- Family Medical Leave
Team Member Perks
- Employee discount on Auto Insurance
- Professional development
- Education assistance
- Casual attire for in-office positions
- Business attire dress code for customer facing positions
- Social events & selfie opportunities