Mercury Insurance USC Offers
Official Rules and Restrictions
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Mercury Insurance Notre Dame Game VIP Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal California residents of the United States, who (excluding where otherwise prohibited by law, rule or regulation), are licensed drivers twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Mercury Insurance Services, LLC (“Mercury and/or Sponsor”) and any affiliates and subsidiaries, Mercury’s agents or brokers, USC Athletics (“USC”), and Fox Sports (‘Fox”), employees, employees of affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate (including immediate family members, such as spouses, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside and members of the same household, whether or not related). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void outside of California and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 1, 2016, and ends at 11:59 pm PT on November 13, 2016 (“Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER
- Mercury Customers: Eligible customers desiring to submit an entry into the Sweepstakes (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant(s)”) can enter by logging into their online Mercury Customer Portal account at www.MercuryInsurance.com/USC. If customers do not have an active Customer Portal Account, they can create one for free. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit of one (1) entry per account. Any attempt to enter more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of Sponsor upon verification of prize winners.
- Non-Mercury Customers: Eligible individuals desiring to submit an entry into the Sweepstakes (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant(s)”) can enter by completing an online Mercury auto insurance quote at www.MercuryInsurance.com/USC. Limit one (1) entry per household, street address, email address, phone number and/or I.P. Address. In cases of multiple entries received from the same household, only the first entry received from such household will be considered.
- Complete an online Mercury auto insurance quote at www.MercuryInsurance.com/USC.
- Promotion code – USC – must be entered at time of quote in the field marked “Promotion Code.”
- All quotes must contain valid contact information (i.e. first name, last name, email address, street address, and phone number) in order to be eligible to participate in the prize drawing.
- Completion of a quote and entry of a promotion code signify Entrant’s acceptance of receiving a sales solicitation from Mercury and/or an authorized Mercury representative.
- Maximum of one (1) Mercury entry per household, street address, I.P. address and/or e-mail address per each 120-day period, regardless of the promotion and/or offer. Multiple quotes from the same household, street address, I.P. address, and/or e-mail address within a 120 day period will be disqualified.
- No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit of one (1) entry per household, street address, IP address, and/or e-mail address. Any attempt to enter more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of Sponsors upon verification of prize winners.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) current Mercury customer and one (1) non-Mercury customer (“Winners”) will be selected via a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the applicable Drawing Date. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Winners shall be declared the official drawing winners of the Sweepstakes (the “Drawing Winners”). The decisions of the Sponsor, including, without limitation, the selection of the Winner, are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE: Winners will each receive the following prize package for the game on November 26, 2016, versus Notre Dame:
- Four (4) game tickets;
- Four (4) passes to the USC Sports Properties VIP Tailgate party (includes food and drinks);
- Four (4) pre-game field passes to watch pre-game warmups; and a
- USC gift bag.
- TRANSPORTATION IS NOT INCLUDED. Winners are fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, lodging, transportation costs, parking, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners’ companions must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The terms and conditions of the passes awarded as prizes will govern in the event any portion of the event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable event rules and regulations. USC reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Sponsor, USC and/or Fox into disrepute. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the event.
- PRIZES NOT TRANSFERRABLE: The Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- NOTIFICATION: The potential Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email by the Sponsor (in the sole discretion of Sponsor, as applicable) (the "Prize Notification"). In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification and/or correspondence within forty-eight (48) hours of the time and date of issuance, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. The potential Winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and may be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, where legal, Publicity, within three (3) days of date of issuance. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return the required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or Prize Notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, USC, and Fox and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Promotion or from the receipt or use of any prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize. By acceptance of Prize the Winner grants to Sponsor and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, city and state and/or likeness in any medium now or hereafter devised worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, incomplete, or garbled entries ; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or problems of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Promotion-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of the event. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants, participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, USC, Fox, or their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any Entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Promotion, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of Los Angeles, state of California.
Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify a Winner and award the Prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND KINGS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. All online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the Entrant. In case of multiple entries received from any household, only the first entry received from such household will be considered. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Notre Dame Game VIP Experience Sweepstakes Winners List
c/o Mercury Insurance Advertising Department
P.O. Box 929
Santa Clarita, CA 91380
Winner’s list requests must be made by December 31, 2016.
- NAME REMOVAL NOTIFICATION SYSTEM: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s Promotion mailing list, email firstname.lastname@example.org and your name will be removed within sixty (60) days of the request.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- SPONSOR: Sponsor of this Promotion is Mercury Insurance Services, LLC, P.O. Box 929, Santa Clarita, CA 91380.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,000.
- Requires the purchase of a Mercury auto policy through a participating Mercury independent agent.
- Offer applies to policies purchased between September 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016, which remain in force for at least six (6) weeks from the date of purchase.
- Eligibility: Offer valid for licensed California drivers twenty-one (21) years of age and older.
- Offer valid for new customers only.
- Transaction must be completed by 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2016.
- Limit of one (1) jersey per household, address, IP address and/or e-mail address, regardless of the Mercury promotion and/or offer.
- Offer not available to customers who renew existing policies or in connection with policies that expired within the past thirty (30) days.
- Quantities are limited and offer is only available while supplies last.
- Approximate Retail Value: $80.
- 10. Jerseys will be delivered 6-8 weeks after purchase. Offer is void if the policy is cancelled during this time.
- The affiliated companies of Mercury Insurance Group are not a party to the policy purchase program and have no responsibility for any acts, omissions, claims and/or promises made by agents in connection with this program.
SWEEPSTAKES ABBREVIATED RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on September 1, 2016, and ends November 13, 2016. Promotion code - USC - must be entered at time of quote in field marked "promotion code." Sweepstakes open to licensed California drivers twenty-one (21) years of age and older. Limit of one (1) entry per household, street address, IP address, and/or e-mail address.
Free Jersey Offer ABBREVIATED RULES: Policy must be purchased through a participating Mercury agent. Participating agents will provide one (1) USC football jersey with the purchase of a Mercury auto policy. Limit of one (1) per household. Must be a licensed California driver twenty-one (21) years of age and older. Offer expires December 31, 2016. New customers only. While supplies last.