Renters Insurance in Florida
Whether you’re renting a condo in the Panhandle or leasing a cozy beach house in the Keys, renters insurance is important to have in the Sunshine State. It can protect your valued possessions in case of a hurricane, residential fire, burglary, or another covered loss. Additionally, renters insurance can help handle medical costs and legal fees if someone gets hurt at your rented property.
Mercury Insurance is one of the best renters insurance providers in Florida. We offer affordable renters insurance without compromising quality. You can rest easy knowing we’ll protect your belongings and treat your liability claims with the utmost care. Mercury also has local independent agents in every major area of Florida, so you’ll get a renters insurance policy tailored to your specific location.
Get Affordable Renters Insurance That’s Right for You
Mercury's local independent agents recognize that your priorities can change depending on where you live and whether you’re renting an apartment, house, or condo in Florida. Whatever the case may be, we'll work to build a customized insurance plan tailored to your specific needs.
Take a moment to review some of the coverages we offer before getting an online renters insurance quote or speaking to your local agent about a renters policyLearn more about renters coverage
- Personal Property:
- Provides coverage for your household items in the event of a fire, theft or other covered loss.
- Additional Personal Property:
- Provides additional coverage for antiques, fine art, jewelry and other valuables.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- Pays for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of a covered incident.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- Pays medical expenses for your guests who are accidentally injured on your property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Pays medical expenses for your personal part-time employees, such as nannies or maids, who are injured on the job.
Save More on Renters Insurance with Discounts
How much is renters insurance in Florida? According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average renters policy costs approximately $185 a year. We know how important it is to get the best rate for your insurance plan. That’s why Mercury provides several discounts to help you save even more on your policy. Take a look at some of the discounts we offer below:
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Renters)
- Gated community
- Selecting a higher deductible
- Smoke alarms
- Alarm system
- Security monitoring
- Loss free discount