Renters Insurance in California
While California is full of beauty and exciting attractions, the cost of living is higher than most states. Mercury offers some of the most affordable rates in the Golden State without compromising on quality coverage. Whether you’re renting a place in San Diego, Sacramento, or somewhere in between, you can rest easy knowing we’ll help cover your belongings, personal liability, and medical payments to others in case of an accident. Learn more about why Mercury is one of the best renters insurance providers in California.
Customize Your Renters Policy
Whether it’s a residential fire, home burglary, or burst pipe, you never know when the unexpected will come. Renters insurance can help get you and your family back on your feet when unfortunate incidents happen to your leased property. Mercury delivers affordable coverage you can count on. We’ll work with you to build a personalized policy that’s perfect for your needs, so you don't have to pay more than what’s required.
Get a Renters Policy That’s Right for You
Mercury’s local independent agents understand that your specific needs change depending on where you live and whether you’re renting an apartment, house, or condo. We’ll work to create a customized insurance plan to give you peace of mind, whatever the case may be.
Take a moment to review the coverages we offer before getting an online renters insurance quote or speaking to your local agent about a renters policy.Learn more about renters coverage
- Personal Property:
- Provides coverage for your household items in the event of a fire, theft or other covered loss.
- Additional Personal Property:
- Provides additional coverage for antiques, fine art, jewelry and other valuables.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- Pays for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of a covered incident.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- Pays medical expenses for your guests who are accidentally injured on your property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Pays medical expenses for your personal part-time employees, such as nannies or maids, who are injured on the job.
Save More on Renters Insurance with Discounts
The Insurance Information Institute reports that the average cost of renters insurance in California is $178 per year. When it comes to insurance, we know every penny counts. Mercury Insurance helps you save more on your renters policy. We offer various discounts to help reduce your rate so you can put that extra cash towards something special like a new car or family vacation. Check out some of our available discounts in the Golden State:
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Renters)
- Gated community
- Selecting a higher deductible
- Smoke alarms
- Security monitoring
- Loss free discount