Filing a Homeowners, Condo Owners or Renters Claim
Steps to filing a Homeowners Insurance Claim
Contact Mercury about a claim as soon as possible after a loss at (800) 503-3724. You can file a homeowners insurance claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What to do after a Homeowner's loss
Step 1: Contact the Police
- If the loss is caused by burglary or theft, notify the police immediately.
Step 2: Take Inventory
- Go room-by-room to take an inventory of the damaged or stolen property.
- If safe to do so, take pictures, make temporary repairs and take steps to protect your property from further damage.
Step 3: Vacate Your Home
- If the home is unlivable, vacate the premises and move to a safe location.
- Keep all receipts for repairs, temporary housing, meals, and other miscellaneous expenses. Please make sure the receipts are itemized.
- Please do not dispose of damaged items, as we may need to see them to complete your claim.
Homeowners Insurance Claim Process
Information you need when you file a homeowners insurance claim*:
- Your Policy #
- Date, Time, & Location
- Police report # (if taken)
- Name of Police Department
- Description of Damage
* If a General Liability claim and a lawsuit have been filed, please provide a copy of the lawsuit that includes the name of the person who received it, the time and date it was received, and location where it was received.