Supplier Diversity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Mercury Insurance Services, LLC, on behalf of each admitted insurer within the Mercury family of companies, to encourage the use of Minority, Women, and Disabled veteran business enterprises (MWDVBE) through our Supplier Diversity Program. We believe that the utilization of a diversified supplier base is beneficial both to the communities we serve and our company’s growth. We are committed to maximizing the use of MWDVBE enterprises’ whenever possible. Our primary objectives include:
- Actively seeking businesses who are classified or certified as MVDVBE
- Encouraging our Corporate Procurement employees to seek out MVDVBE certified businesses and include those businesses in our procurement efforts
- Conducting outreach and communication to MVDVBE certified businesses
- Supporting organizations that promote or certify MVDVBE businesses
What is MWDVBE?
Minority Business Enterprise
“Minority business enterprise” means a business enterprise, physically located in the United States or its trust territories, that is at least 51 percent owned by a minority group or groups, or, in the case of any publicly owned business, at least 51 percent of the stock of which is owned by one or more minority groups, and whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of those individuals. “Minority” includes African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and Asian Pacific Americans who provide proof of United States citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Women Business Enterprise
“Women business enterprise” means a business enterprise physically located in the United States or its trust territories, that is at least 51 percent owned by a woman or women, or, in the case of any publicly owned business at least 51 percent of the stock of which is owned by one or more women, and whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of those individuals, who provide proof of United States citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise
“Disabled veteran business enterprise” has the same meaning as defined in subparagraph (A) of paragraph (7) of subdivision (b) of Section 999 of the Military and Veterans Code, or any successor provision. Disabled veteran business enterprise certification eligibility requirements shall be consistent with those imposed by the Department of General Services, and our outreach efforts apply to those disabled veteran business enterprises certified by the Department of General Services.
How do I become part of the Supplier Diversity Program?
Become registered/certified as a Minority-owned, Women-owned, and Disabled- veteran-owned business. Below are some associations that may help you with the certification process.National Certification Organizations for MBEs, WBEs, and DVBEs
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) and/or the Department of General Services
Are there other types of Supplier Diversity Business Classifications that we review?
Yes. Below is a list of other types of Supplier Diversity Business Classifications:
- Small Business (SB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Hub Zone (SBA certified)
- 8(a) SBA Certified
- Disabled Person-Owned Business (DOBE)
- Veteran Owned Business (VBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender (LGBT)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- U.S. Small Business Administration Program (SBA)
- Visit our online Supplier Registration Portal.
- Fill out the necessary information and attach your certification/registration form electronically in our portal. You may also email us with any questions at email@example.com. All registrations and certifications will be reviewed and evaluated by our Corporate Procurement department. Your company will be entered into Mercury Insurance Services’ supplier database. We may contact your company if an opportunity becomes available.
Mercury Insurance Services LLC continues to proactively improve our involvement in supplier selection with diverse resources. We hope to hear from you soon.
Mercury Insurance Services, LLC
Director, Corporate Procurement and Facilities